Sunday, September 13, 2009

Carousel Cake

One of the cakes we made this week was this very gorgeous carousel cake (or as my kids preferred to call it The Merry Go Round cake). I met with Judy a few weeks ago to design little Sophie's Naming cake. I had been day dreaming about doing a carousel cake and as it turned out Sophie had been given a gorgeous carousel as a newborn. This design was based on the carousel that Judy brought in as well as another gorgeous book that featured a carousel.

To say that Judy was delighted would be an understatement. Here is the email Judy sent through:
Belinda,
OH MY GOD!!!
I know I was a 'guinea pig' for this beautiful cake you designed but a happier 'guniea pig' there never was.
The cake was absolutely amazing - you are a wizard with icing.
Everyone at Sophie's Naming were equally impressed and awed by your creation.
I know you tooke heaps of photo's but thought I would send you a couple as well.
Thank you again for your amazing creation I was devastated to have to cut it and all of our guests were equally upset to have to cut it up - however, after serving it up we were all then amazed again at the taste from within. YUM! YUM! YUM!
Thank you so much again.
Did I mention YUM!!!!!
Love Jude

Here are some close ups of the beautiful painting detail done by Alison. She really did outdo herself here don't you think.















3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda that is absolutely beautiful! What an amazing job - kudos to Alison as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The hand painting is sooooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete